A few members of our team attended the annual GROW Nebraska MarkeTECH conference yesterday in Kearney to learn tips and tricks from successful small business owners. Check out our key takeaways from the speakers!
Make Your Website Visible.
Take advantage of simple changes that can make a big difference.
- Make sure you can be found and contacted on your site and other applicable searches: Yelp, Google Places, Bing for Business, Yahoo Local, Yellow Pages, DexKnows and your local newspaper sites.
- Display customer testimonials to add credibility to your product or service.
- Keep your content simple and straightforward. This will optimize your site for search engines and your customers will easily understand your message.
Social Media and Email Marketing Are Essential.
Networking and constant contact has officially taken over - and not just face-to-face.
- Look for popular trends or hashtags and join the conversation. You never know where potential new business might come from!
- Figure out the best platform to reach your customers by asking them what they use. Are most of them on Facebook? Or Twitter? Pick one or two to get started and do them well.
- When providing advice or news, think about what your customers want to know and what they will share. Would you share the information you are writing about?
Don't Forget Who Your Customer Is!
Building lifelong relationships is more beneficial than a quick sale.
- Ask your customers how their experience with your business was through a survey or call.
- Add a personal touch to their visit or order - for example, a handwritten thank you note or free gift. They'll appreciate the gesture!